Sunday, 29 November 2009

Spot the difference

After 3 more hours of work this is how the brooch is looking:

For those not sure how this is different from the last post there have been several steps to get here. I've soldered on a tube on the front to hold the flower in place and a tiny tube and a hook on the back for the brooch pin.

After all that soldering the copper was extremely flexible so I had to hit it with a hammer. The really important lesson I learned is that it is definitely not a good idea to hit the tiny tube with the hammer otherwise it's back to the blow torch!

No comments:

Post a Comment