Saturday 13 March 2010

Sweet tooth fairy



Last night as my baking obsession kicked in I had an idea! I am a regular baker and like to share the baking (for obvious reasons). As a result I'm often asked for recipes for things so I thought why not share them with my blog readers.

This week I baked chocolate and hazelnut biscotti (they all got eaten before I thought about taking a photo so I illustrated them instead). The recipe was adapted from Good Food magazine. I'd love to see the results if anyone tries these out, I could even put your photos on here!

Ingredients:
2 medium eggs, 100g caster sugar, 250g plain flour, 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, 1 teaspoon citrus peel, 25g chopped hazelnuts, 25g roughly chopped dark chocolate

Method:
Beat the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Mix together the rest of the ingredients then fold the flour mixture into the eggs and sugar.

On a floured surface shape into a sausage and then flatten. The dough should be roughly 3cm high.

Transfer onto a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper. Cook for 30 minutes at 180C or until golden brown.

Chop the dough into 1cm thick slices and return to the baking sheet cut side up. Put them back in the oven at 160C for 10-15 minutes until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.

I'm told that if you prefer them a little chewier you can leave out the last cooking stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment